The Co-Parenting Experience (CoPEx) course from Families First is designed to teach effective parenting during the transitions of divorce or parental separation. It impresses on parents the critical role they play in their child or children’s ability to adjust to changes surrounding divorce. The online course emphasizes each parent’s responsibility to provide a nurturing, non-threatening environment for the child.
The course is hosted and taught in video format by licensed professionals who have experience with children and who have been specially trained to teach this course.
What Will You Learn?
- Feelings associated with divorce
- Ways that children of different ages react during the transition
- A parenting approach that will benefit your children
- Divorce and the legal system
- Suggested ways for talking to children about divorce
- Adjustments that children will need to make
Welcome to the Course02:04
You Have the Power
Reflection Exercise: Challenging choices
Knowledge Check: Introduction
What to expect from this course01:13